This car, used by the Superintendent, was built in 1933 from a 1927 Paige Model
6-75 7-passenger Sedan, with a Chevy gas engine. It had an overall length of 18' 4", width 5'
10", height 6'5" and weighed 5,800 pounds.
It worked on the railroad until June 25, 1947 when it broke an axle and was
retired. Some time later, it was used as riprap for erosion control along the Skagway River.
the photo above to enlarge it. This photo, from Mrs. Verna M. Mooney of Keremeos, B.C., is from
the collection of Jim Robb, and is used here with permission.
This information was compiled from information sent by Robert Hilton and Brian
Norden, members of the WP&YR FanList.
For more photos and a diagram of this car, see Bruce Pryor's site,
and for more information about the Paige-Detroit Motor Car Co., see Bill Roberts' site.